Skip to content >>
 

Parks

  • Choltice - chateau, museum exhibit, and Chapel of St. Romedio
    Choltice - chateau, museum exhibit, and Chapel of St. Romedio. The first written mention of Choltice dates to 1285 with Beneš of Choltice, one of the leading nobles at the time of King Václav II. Most likely in the second half of the 16th century the fortress was rebuilt into a relatively large chateau, which had thirty-five rooms in 1620. Preserved today is a building with a corner tower in the northeastern part of the chateau grounds. A fundamental change occurred under Romedius Konstantin, who chose Choltice as his residence and soon left the site of the old chateau to build a new Baroque chateau, including the Chapel of St. Romedius with rich stucco and painting ornamentation.
    Address: Sv. Trojice 1, Choltice
  • (Tyršovy sady)
    (Tyršovy sady). Address: Tyršovy sady, Pardubice
  • Zdechovice - chateau
    Zdechovice - chateau. The fortress was first mentioned in the mid-14th century; later, as a wooden chateau, the structure burned to the ground in 1803. Under ownership by the Žerotín family a Renaissance chateau was built in the second half of the 16th century; the structure underwent Baroque reconstruction in the second half of the 18th century and received additional modifications in later years. The chateau included a park, part English and part French, which was destroyed by the engineer regiment of the Soviet Army while stationed here in the 1970's and 1980's.
    Address: Zdechovice 96, Zdechovice

Map

Coordinates: 
 
 

Questionnaire

Which destination in the Pardubice region would you definitely recommend friends to visit?


loga