Skip to content >>
 

Hiking

Aleš Klosen - Zámek Pardubice. The list presented below provides a list of all monuments, museums, galleries, natural wonders and other attractions, offered by the Pardubice region – the gingerbread heart of Bohemia. Among the most significant are the city historical reserve, se the chateau in Pardubice, the monument to Dr. Emil Holub in Holice, Gočár’s pavilion Bohdaneč Healing Spas , the national horse-breeding farm in Kladruby nad Labem and the chateau in Choltice .

Search buildings

Search results

Nature monuments and reservations Nature monuments and reservations. (total: 23)

Ruins, city fortifications Ruins, city fortifications. (total: 3)

  • Green gate
    Green gate. Renaissance gate with façade featuring a relief by Mikoláš Aleš depicting the Lords of Pardubice. The tower is 60 metres tall and provides a magnificent view of the town monument zone, the chateau, and the surrounding areas.
    Address: Zelenobranská 68, Pardubice
  • Neulust - chateau ruin
    Neulust - chateau ruin. The ruins of the hunting chateau stand in the middle of a former French park. It was commissioned by the owner of the Chroustovice estate Filip Kinsky. In 1823, Karel Alexander Thurn - Taxis acquired it and left it to fall into disrepair.
    Address: Trusnov
  • Svojšice - castle ruins
    Svojšice - castle ruins. Ruins of a fortress from 1365; massive stone walls have been preserved. As an aristocratic residence the fortress served the knight family of the Gerštorfs of Gerštorf from the first third of the 16th century until the Thirty Years War when it was burned.
    Address: Svojšice

Observation towers and sight-seeing locations Observation towers and sight-seeing locations. (total: 3)

  • Barborka - wooden lookout tower
    Barborka - wooden lookout tower. The nearly 14 metre high wooden observation tower near the town of Horní Raškovice was built and opened to the public in 2004. The observation tower is situated near the Raškovice forest and in the interesting natural area of the former Raškovice quarry. Visitors can use two lookout platforms to view the surrounding landscape; 47 stairs lead to the upper platform at the height of 10 metres. The tower offers views of the Železné Mts., the peaks of the Krkonoše and Orlické Mts., and the Polabí (Elbe River basin).
    Address: Svinčany
  • Green gate
    Green gate. Renaissance gate with façade featuring a relief by Mikoláš Aleš depicting the Lords of Pardubice. The tower is 60 metres tall and provides a magnificent view of the town monument zone, the chateau, and the surrounding areas.
    Address: Zelenobranská 68, Pardubice
  • Kunětická hora - castle
    Kunětická hora - castle. Archaeological research dates the original construction to the mid-14th century. The greatest reconstruction was undertaken by the Pernštein family in the years 1491-1548, which resulted in the creation of a massive double-towered castle with an ingenious fortification system. At the end of the Thirty Years War the castle was severely damaged by Swedish troops. Partial reconstruction of the castle didn’t occur until the 1920’s; the work was designed by D. Jurkoviče and continued after the conclusion of the Second World War. With a little bit of luck visitors can see all the way to the ridge of the Krkonoše Mts. from this dominant landmark in the Pardubice area.
    Address: Staré Hradiště

Museums, galleries, and open-air museums Museums, galleries, and open-air museums. (total: 31)

  • African Museum of Dr. Emil Holub
    African Museum of Dr. Emil Holub. Address: Holubova 768, Holice v Čechách
  • Aviation Museum of Ing. Jan Kašpar
    Address: Pražská, Pardubice
  • BMB Studio - gallery
    Address: Pernštýnská 7, Pardubice
  • Chodba Gallery
    Chodba Gallery. Address: Nová 282, Pardubice
  • Choltice - chateau, museum exhibit, and Chapel of St. Romedio
    Choltice - chateau, museum exhibit, and Chapel of St. Romedio. The first written mention of Choltice dates to 1285 with Beneš of Choltice, one of the leading nobles at the time of King Václav II. Most likely in the second half of the 16th century the fortress was rebuilt into a relatively large chateau, which had thirty-five rooms in 1620. Preserved today is a building with a corner tower in the northeastern part of the chateau grounds. A fundamental change occurred under Romedius Konstantin, who chose Choltice as his residence and soon left the site of the old chateau to build a new Baroque chateau, including the Chapel of St. Romedius with rich stucco and painting ornamentation.
    Address: Sv. Trojice 1, Choltice
  • Cofee museum
    Address: Legionářská 632, Pardubice
  • Eastern Bohemia Gallery in Pardubice - chateau
    Eastern Bohemia Gallery in Pardubice - chateau. East Bohemian Gallery in Pardubice as a venue for art exhibitions. There is also a creative studio that offers additional programs to ongoing exhibitions in the context of lifelong learning. Visitors can enjoy guided tours, meetings with artists, entertainmnet programs and creative workshops, concerts are held here etc.
    Address: Zámek č. 3, Pardubice
  • Eastern Bohemia Gallery in Pardubice - House U Jonáše
    Eastern Bohemia Gallery in Pardubice - House U Jonáše. The house At Jonah's is used by the East Bohemian Gallery in Pardubice as a venue for art exhibitions. There is also a creative studio that offers additional programs to ongoing exhibitions in the context of lifelong learning.
    Address: Pernštýnské nám. 50, Pardubice
  • (Expozice Františka Filipovského)
    Address: Masarykovo náměstí 26, Přelouč
  • Fons Beneficial Gallery
    Fons Beneficial Gallery. This gothic-renaissance house is a listed building, originating from construction after 1507 and 1538. Until the 1980s there was a chemist's located on the ground floor, equipped with period furniture, and as a result the building is mentioned in several documents as the "Old chemist's"
    Address: Pernštýnské nám. 51, Pardubice
  • Fresch gallery
    Address: Bratranců Veverkových 816, Pardubice
  • Galerie Pussa Passage
    Galerie Pussa Passage. Address: Třída Míru 60, Pardubice
  • Gallery and vinotheque Kotýnek
    Gallery and vinotheque Kotýnek. Address: Pražská 21, Přelouč
  • Gallery of Pardubice
    Gallery of Pardubice. The gallery was founded in 2012 on the initiative of cultural public of the city to enrich the public facilities with an exhibition institution of the Kunsthalle type. We do not create art collections of museum-type, we do not own works of art, and we are not a selling gallery. We present creative projects, which we change every two months. The aim is to provide residents and visitors with the opportunity to learn about current artistic, aesthetic and social problems of the present and create a relaxing and memorable space for them.
    Address: Příhrádek 5, Pardubice
  • Gallery on the Colonade
    Gallery on the Colonade. Address: Masarykovo nám. 6, Lázně Bohdaneč
  • GM Gallery
    GM Gallery. Address: Hronovická 437, Pardubice
  • Gong Gallery
    Gong Gallery. Address: Sladkovského 2016, Pardubice
  • Green gate
    Green gate. Renaissance gate with façade featuring a relief by Mikoláš Aleš depicting the Lords of Pardubice. The tower is 60 metres tall and provides a magnificent view of the town monument zone, the chateau, and the surrounding areas.
    Address: Zelenobranská 68, Pardubice
  • Jadine Gallery
    Address: Svaté Anežky České 26, Pardubice
  • Josef Studio
    Address: Hradecká 1383, Přelouč
  • K Gallery
    Address: Husova 1848, Pardubice
  • Mazhaus exhibition space
    Mazhaus exhibition space. Address: Pernštýnské náměstí 3, Pardubice
  • Museum of Car Models
    Address: Rokytno 146
  • Museum of Magic
    Museum of Magic. Address: Jana Palacha 473, Pardubice
  • Museum of Rosice nad Labem
    Museum of Rosice nad Labem. A well-arranged collection of objects documenting railway history, particularly in the Pardubice Region, as well as public transportation in the city of Pardubice. Trips in historic motor vehicles, historic trolleybuses, etc. can be organized.
    Address: Nádražní 53, Pardubice
  • Natura park - environmental education center
    Natura park - environmental education center. Address: Štolbova 2874, Pardubice
  • NOV art space
    Address: Pernštýnské náměstí 49, Pardubice
  • Pardubice Chateau - Eastern Bohemia Museum
    Pardubice Chateau - Eastern Bohemia Museum. The original fortress likely dates to the 13th century; in the 14th century it was rebuilt as a Gothic castle. The Pernštein family subsequently rebuilt the castle as a Gothic-Renaissance chateau. This chateau was purchased in 1560 by the royal chamber and ceased to be an aristocratic residence. The significantly dilapidated chateau was repaired by the Museum Association after 1918.
    Address: Zámek čp. 2, Pardubice
  • Slunce Gallery
    Slunce Gallery. A wide selection of original pottery from little gifts, jewellery to large (statues, paintings, tiles, bells, vases, jewellery, balloons, blimps...).
    Address: Staňkova 1396, Pardubice
  • The Gingerbread Cabin - museum of gingerbread and fairy-tales
    The Gingerbread Cabin - museum of gingerbread and fairy-tales. The museum is situated in the building of the former Hunting-Lodge (from 1882) where, among others, there is a seat of the Office of the Administration of Pernik district office.
    Address: V Perníkové chaloupce č.p.38, Ráby
  • University of Pardubice Gallery
    University of Pardubice Gallery. Address: Studentská 519, Pardubice

Church monuments Church monuments. (total: 5)

  • Ancient belfry
    Ancient belfry. The 12 metre tall, eight-sided belfry is one of the largest belfries in the Czech Republic, most probably dating all the waz back to the 16th century. The exterior is created from three planks vertically placed above each other. The total circumference of the exterior exceeds thirty-two metres.
    Address: Sezemice
  • Church of St. Nicholas, bishop
    Church of St. Nicholas, bishop. At the site of the present day church once stood an evidently older church (annonymous record from the middle of the 14th century stored in the archives of the Vatican). The timber, single-aisle church, with a shingle roof in the shape of a traingle is a unique monument of baroque, folk architecture. Two bells have been preserved in the present day belfry, dating back to the 16th, respectively 15th century. The timber mortuary with a picture of St. Nicholas, dating back to the 1st half of the 18th century.
    Address: Veliny
  • Třebosice - wooden belfry
    Třebosice - wooden belfry. According to experts, one of the last typical symmetrical, eight-sided buildings, belonging to the most valuable in the entire republic.
    Address: Třebosice
  • Wooden belfry
    Wooden belfry. Address: Pardubice - Pardubičky
  • Wooden belfry
    Wooden belfry. Address: Horní Ředice

Statues, memorials, commemorative plaques Statues, memorials, commemorative plaques. (total: 18)

Education trails Education trails. (total: 9)

  • Bohdanečský Lakes - education trail and nature preserve
    Bohdanečský Lakes - education trail and nature preserve. The protected wilderness area of Bohdanečský Pond and Mother pond is only a fraction of former magnificent system of 300 ponds in the region of Pardubice established in the early 16th century. To improve acquaintance with the area, a physically undemanding educational trail was built along the dike of the Bohdanečský Pond, which uses 7 information panels to introduce visitors to local fishing, botany, and zoology. Following the trail you can watch nesting birds by a telescope.
    Address: Lázně Bohdaneč
  • Gočár Tour - educational trail with posted information
    Gočár Tour - educational trail with posted information. A 5 km long walking trail offering undemanding hiking through the town and countryside in combination with the possibility to become acquainted with noteworthy sites and buildings in the town Lázně Bohdaneč. This circuit attempts to commemorate the important architect Josef Gočár, and in particular his work in the town at the beginning of the 20th century.
    Address: Lázně Bohdaneč
  • Koliba - educational trail with posted information
    The educational trail presents the individual tree species represented in stands and the methods of farming therein. There are several types of stands with different compositions of tree species.
    Address: Býšť
  • Mageo educational geological cycle path
    A unique cycle path offering a view of the world of geology. The trail is 29 km long, runs through the Iron Mountains from Přelouč to Chvaletice and has 13 information stops.
    Address: Přelouč
  • Pardubice, Spojil - educational trail with posted information
    Educational trail leading to the grounds of the local hyporehabilitation centre. The educational trail includes information panels on horses and domestic animals, various adventure attractions and resting areas.
    Address: Na Okrajích 156, Spojil
  • Pernstein Ponds educational trail
    Pernstein Ponds educational trail. The educational trail begins in Neratov and acquaints its visitors with the local nature, history and present of local fishpond cultivation.
    Address: Neratov
  • Raškovický quarries - educational trail with posted information
    Raškovický quarries - educational trail with posted information. The trail lies between the villages Horní Raškovice and Svinčany. The starting point is the grounds of the viewing tower Barborka. The total length of the trail is 2.2 km. Six theme stops are found here.
    Address: Horní Raškovice
  • Through Pardubice in the Footsteps of Ailver A
    The nature trail was created in 2012 to mark the 70th anniversary of the second martial law introduced by the German occupying forces in the Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia. The trail presents several places to visitors related to the activities of Silver A in Pardubice and the fate of the main actors.
    Address: Pernštýnské náměstí, Pardubice
  • Vilém z Pernštejn trail
    Vilém z Pernštejn trail. It connects the most interesting places in the centre of Pardubice. 10 stops point out various sites to visitors, for example the U Jonáše House, Tyršovy park or the Chruch of St. Bartholomew. The total length of the tour is 2.5 km. The route is barrier-free, thus also suitable for wheelchair users, individual signs are complemented by basic information in Braille letters.
    Address: Pardubice

Monument preserves Monument preserves. (total: 1)

  • Pardubice - urban conservation area
    Pardubice - urban conservation area. Pardubice represents a Czech Late Gothic and Renaissance residential aristocratic city, the construction and artistic development of which occurred in the first half of the 16th century. The preservation zone includes the historic centre of the city demarcated by the original town walls, the chateau grounds with a defensive system of ramparts, and the area of the former water moat. The most opulent building on the town square is the neo-Renaissance town hall, in front of which towers the Marian Pillar. Preserved from the town fortifications is the sixty metre high Green Gate. Church buildings include the Church of St. Bartholomew, the Late Gothic Assumption of the Virgin Mary, and the Baroque Church of the Seven Sorrows of the Virgin Mary with sculptures by M. B. Braun.
    Address: Pardubice

Technical monuments and planetariums Technical monuments and planetariums. (total: 7)

  • At Five Canals - railway viaduct
    At Five Canals - railway viaduct. A viaduct from 1845 bisecting the Struha Stream bed just before its confluence with the Elbe River.
    Address: Valy
  • Automatic mills
    Automatic mills. The first reference of the mill dates back to 1586, a new mill was built later on, which was the property of the Winternitz brotehrs. The mill buildings and silos are registered national technical listed buildings. The complex belongs to the top ten largest facilities of its type in the CR.
    Address: Mezi Mosty 436, Pardubice
  • Museum of Rosice nad Labem
    Museum of Rosice nad Labem. A well-arranged collection of objects documenting railway history, particularly in the Pardubice Region, as well as public transportation in the city of Pardubice. Trips in historic motor vehicles, historic trolleybuses, etc. can be organized.
    Address: Nádražní 53, Pardubice
  • Observatory of Baron Arthur Kraus
    Observatory of Baron Arthur Kraus. The observatory, which is in service from 1992, employs several telescopes up to the size of 45 cm reflector.
    Address: Gorkého 2658, Pardubice
  • Opatovice Canal - canal
    Opatovice Canal - canal. This water canal was built in 1498 - 1521 to use the Labe water for feeding a large network of artificial fishing lakes founded by the local lord. The canal is 34.7 km long and the bed width is between 1,5 - 5 m.
    Address: Opatovice nad Labem
  • Přelouč - small hydro power plant
    Přelouč - small hydro power plant. Run-of-the-river plant on the 116th kilometer of the ELbe River. It was originally equipped with four Francis vertical turbines. Two turbo generator units were replaced in 2003 with Kaplan turbines with an output of 677 kW. The installed electrical output totals 2340 kW.
    Address: Přelouč
  • Semín aqueduct
    Semín aqueduct. The multi-level intersection of the Opatovice Canal with local Sopřečský Stream is called Mulda.
    Address: Semín

Jewish monuments Jewish monuments. (total: 4)

  • Holice - Jewish cemetery
    Holice - Jewish cemetery. The cemetery was founded in 1913; half of the original 1,105 m2 is used today, and 22 tombstones from 1914-1937 have been preserved.
    Address: Holice
  • Pardubice - Jewish cemetery
    Pardubice - Jewish cemetery. Land for a cemetery was sold to Pardubice Jews in 1624. Even after expansion the cemetery was no longer sufficient; in 1883 the so-called New Cemetery was established. Upon orders from the German office the cemetery was liquidated in 1939 and remains were transferred to a common grave at the New Cemetery along with several tombstones, which were placed to the left of the entrance. In this cemetery is located a memorial with the names of 542 Pardubice victims of the Holocaust and a second dedicated to seven unknown victims that did not survive transport from Auschwitz in January 1945. Inscriptions on the tombstones are in Hebrew, German, and Czech.
    Address: Pardubice
  • Přelouč - Jewish cemetery
    Přelouč - Jewish cemetery. The old cemetery from 1681was liquidated in 1874. The new cemetery was established in 1887 next to today’s municipal cemetery. Approximately 20 tombstones from the years 1890-1922 have been preserved, as has a mass grave of nine victims of the so-called “death march" from the Auschwitz concentration camp in January 1945.
    Address: Přelouč
  • Přelouč - building of former synagogue
    The Neo-Romanesque synagogue was built in the courtyard of House No. 25 in 1860-1861; the building was subsequently purchased and used by the Hussite Church.
    Address: Tůmy Přeloučského 332, Přelouč

Memorials and monuments Memorials and monuments. (total: 3)

  • Cemetery chapel - Thun family tomb
    Address: Choltice
  • Parental home of the Veverkovy brothers
    Parental home of the Veverkovy brothers. Typical farmhouse with one living room. A memorial sign is placed on the house with the words: "Vaclav Veverka was born here, the inventor of the "ruchadlo" plow, on 10th December, 1790." A monument to the Veverkovy nrothers stands in the garden and a "ruchadlo" monument stands on the site, where the Veverkovy first plowed in 1827.
    Address: Rybitví
  • Small chateau - pious site
    Small chateau - pious site. A national cultural monument – the site of mass execution of citizens from Pardubice, Ležaky, and the surrounding area as revenge for the assassination of Reinhard Heydrich is commemorated by two monuments in the form of sandstone blocks with sculptural reliefs. The memorial hall of the pious site houses period documents.
    Address: Pardubice

Chateaux and castles Chateaux and castles. (total: 5)

  • Choltice - chateau, museum exhibit, and Chapel of St. Romedio
    Choltice - chateau, museum exhibit, and Chapel of St. Romedio. The first written mention of Choltice dates to 1285 with Beneš of Choltice, one of the leading nobles at the time of King Václav II. Most likely in the second half of the 16th century the fortress was rebuilt into a relatively large chateau, which had thirty-five rooms in 1620. Preserved today is a building with a corner tower in the northeastern part of the chateau grounds. A fundamental change occurred under Romedius Konstantin, who chose Choltice as his residence and soon left the site of the old chateau to build a new Baroque chateau, including the Chapel of St. Romedius with rich stucco and painting ornamentation.
    Address: Sv. Trojice 1, Choltice
  • Kunětická hora - castle
    Kunětická hora - castle. Archaeological research dates the original construction to the mid-14th century. The greatest reconstruction was undertaken by the Pernštein family in the years 1491-1548, which resulted in the creation of a massive double-towered castle with an ingenious fortification system. At the end of the Thirty Years War the castle was severely damaged by Swedish troops. Partial reconstruction of the castle didn’t occur until the 1920’s; the work was designed by D. Jurkoviče and continued after the conclusion of the Second World War. With a little bit of luck visitors can see all the way to the ridge of the Krkonoše Mts. from this dominant landmark in the Pardubice area.
    Address: Staré Hradiště
  • National Stud at Kladruby nad Labem
    National Stud at Kladruby nad Labem. The stud farm in Kladruby nad Labem is probably the oldest stud farm of its kind in the world. Already in 1579, Emperor Rudolf II promoted the stud farm to an Imperial Court and since then it has been home to the Kladruby horses, a unique Czech breed specially bred for the ceremonial purposes of the royal courts. Since 2002, the stud farm has been a national cultural heritage, including a tribal herd of the Kladruby horses in white that you can see in Kladruby. You can visit a herd of black horses in Slatiňany near Chrudim. Extensive reconstruction was successfully completed in 2015, thanks to which the Kladruby stud farm was rebuilt to its classicist appearance and new tours and expositions were opened to visitors.
    Address: č.p. 1, Kladruby nad Labem
  • Pardubice Chateau - Eastern Bohemia Museum
    Pardubice Chateau - Eastern Bohemia Museum. The original fortress likely dates to the 13th century; in the 14th century it was rebuilt as a Gothic castle. The Pernštein family subsequently rebuilt the castle as a Gothic-Renaissance chateau. This chateau was purchased in 1560 by the royal chamber and ceased to be an aristocratic residence. The significantly dilapidated chateau was repaired by the Museum Association after 1918.
    Address: Zámek čp. 2, Pardubice
  • Zdechovice - chateau
    Zdechovice - chateau. The fortress was first mentioned in the mid-14th century; later, as a wooden chateau, the structure burned to the ground in 1803. Under ownership by the Žerotín family a Renaissance chateau was built in the second half of the 16th century; the structure underwent Baroque reconstruction in the second half of the 18th century and received additional modifications in later years. The chateau included a park, part English and part French, which was destroyed by the engineer regiment of the Soviet Army while stationed here in the 1970's and 1980's.
    Address: Zdechovice 96, Zdechovice

Map

Coordinates: 
 
 

Inspirational programmes:

Events calendar

4/14/2018 7:00 - 17:30
(Kocourkovské vandrování)
Přelouč

Questionnaire

Which destination in the Pardubice region would you definitely recommend friends to visit?


loga